Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th OF JULY

After working 6 days a week again, I was looking forward to a 3 day weekend.  Getting some chores done, relaxing and maybe a cook out with the kids. WRONG!!!!!
I ended up being called into work on Saturday, cleaned house on Sunday and today I did get to watch my grand kids. That was a fun time.

But the only think I kept thinking about is the big 4th of July parties that Brad & I use to have.  The grill going, good food and lots of  family and friends to share with.  Then off to the fireworks.  Spread out the blankets, snack on leftovers, lay back and watch the show.  But those days are over and not to return.  The kids are busy with their own life's and traditions die.  So I worked and then came home and did chores.  I did get to watch the grand kids but no cook out, no celebration, no family.  Just a lot of memories of the past and the loneliness has come back, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment