Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FAMILY

This past Friday Chrissy my niece from TN along with her parents came up for lunch and shopping.  My girls got to come also so we had a great time.  My girls have not seen Christan and Kaity for over a year.  So we had a lot of catching up to do.  We also spent a couple of hrs. shopping at our barn sale.  This is one of the reasons they came up, besides the wonderful company they had. 

Twice a year, in the spring and fall, the place where I work has a hugh barn sale.  It's stuff that people left or lost, it's like a giant garage sale and you never know what you might find.  WELL she found it all right.  She was having so much fun.  At one point she told her mom (my sister) that they might have to rent a trailer to get everything home.  As it turned out we filled my van and I was taking it as far as my sisters house.  She was so funny.  They left and about 30 min. pasted and I got a phone call.  She forgot something, a black trunk, and could I bring that now.  You really wouldn't believe this barn, it's I would guess about 40' + x 200' + filled with stuff.  Like I said we had fun.

So on Saturday morning bright and early I took off.  When I got to my sisters place I noticed a couple of garage sales.  So my sister and I took off.  Bought a couple of things and headed home.  Chrissy came in we told her about the sales, so off I went with her.  She bought 1 lamp, got home and she said I should have gotten the other one to match.  So while she put Kaity bug down my sister & I went back to the sale.  The ladies running it had a pine library table for 75.00.  Christan fell in love with it but decided that it was just to pricey for her at that time.  Well when we went back for the lamp they said they would take 50.00. So we call Chrissy and asked her if she wanted.  She countered 40.00 and it was no go.  So home we went again.  (I hope you are keeping count on how many trips I have made so far)  When we go  back we where talking about the table and my sister just mentioned that it was from Pottery Barn.  I swear her eyes just about popped out of her head.  She said you didn't tell me that!!!!!!!  We asked if that made a difference and YES it did.  And yes she would pay 50.00 for it, sooooooo back we go again.  At this point the ladies running the sale just started laughing and said that they should adopt us.  Got the table and went back home and all is well (and the count is at 4).  Other then it will probley take 2-3 trips to TN to get everything down to her.  I think I hear road trip coming up.  It was a very good weekend with lots of laughter.  Family is the best!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment