Friday, December 18, 2009

Dec. 18, 2009

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything new lately. It's been crazy at work and trying to get ready for the holidays. I haven't even got my tree up yet. I use to have it up Thanksgiving weekend now here it is the Friday before Christmas and still no tree. Hopefully this weekend.
Yesterday was my 38th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that it was 38 year ago that I married Brad and now he is gone and it's just another day. No cards, no flowers, no dinner, no I love you. It's seems so wrong that such a special day should be turned into just another day. And people just don't know what to say to you. And you can't tell them what to say because nothing will help.
I do believe I handled it better this year. I told him that I love him and miss him. I made a little note on face book and thanked those that responded. Then I kept real, real busy.
I thought I had finished my Christmas shopping last night only to find out that I must had inadvertently put a gift back that I had intended on buying. So I have to stop and pick that up, then I'm done. Now for the wrapping and baking. Oh and putting up the tree. Then a week later get to take every thing down again. And to think that I use to love Christmas. What ever happened to the spirit? I sure hope I find it again some day.
I'm not going to bake as many cookies that I use to do. I'm only making 4 different kinds and only a couple dozen of each one. That way there shouldn't be any left to temp me. I have been doing very well on my diet. I'm feeling better even. My knees aren't yet, but there is still hope for that. I go to the dietitian on Sat. we will see what she says. I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment