Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dec. 2, 2009

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The whole family was there. I wish that it would always be this way, but if things don't change I know it won't be. The weather is not to bad today, around 50. I hear snow is being for casted for tomorrow. What can you expect for December, right?
I had to go to the doctor yesterday for re-fills on my meds. I go to a free clinic because I have no insurance since I lost my husband. I work but still can not afford to pay for insurance. Any way, I got quite the shock. I was told I have diabetes. They gave me some info to read and told me to go to a class. Have a nice day. Now what do I do? A dear friend who's husband has diabetes had a new monitor he wasn't using and gave that to me. But I can't afford the test strips and I have know idea what the reading are suppose to be. In the county I live in there isn't to much help for the uninsured. I guess this will be a motivator to lose some weight. I asked about some help with my knees and was told there is nothing they can do. They can't even write a script for pain meds. It's so much fun getting old.
I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday because of this news. Stephanie was trying to tell me all the things I needed to know. And that changing my diet was a good thing and she would help me. I did inform her that I hated the changes I have to make and I was going to feel sorry for myself for the rest of the evening. I felt I was entitled to a 24 hr. pity party. She said FINE but I had better lose it by morning. I did.
Today I have been trying to find some answers to all of my questions. It's a slow process. Hopefully after my class I will have more answers and more understanding. But why now, just before the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment