Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nov. 25, 2009

It's been a rough week. I have been so depressed, I just didn't want to think about Thanksgiving, the holidays or even everyday life. All the stress and hurt feeling that always seem to happen. But last night I started feeling better. I cooked the gizzards and started getting things around for the pies. Then I fixed my chair. I was actually happy when I went to bed.

This morning when I got to Steps house she gave me this paper that one of the kids had written. It was titled "WHAT I'M THANK FULL FOR", and it was all about me. I have to admit that I lost it when I read how much it meant when I wrapped my soft arms around him and hugged him. It was written by my Richie. I'm going to have it framed. You see what I mean about family. They make it all better. I can't imagine not being close to my kids and grand kids. Being able to see them when ever I want to. Even though I know I might not be able to someday.

Now I'm sitting at work and I swear that I can smell the turkey cooking. I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving. We are having a turkey contest & stuffing contest. We have 2, that's right 2 turkeys totally 29# of turkey meat for 11 people,(5 being children) to eat. 1 is going on the grill and 1 is going in the roaster. We will see who will win the contest. This should be sooo good. I will let you know who wins.
I'm not sure if we are going shopping on Friday. I know Amanda doesn't want to get up that early. I will let you know if we go and what kind of deals we get.

So have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment