Monday, December 13, 2010

It's been over a month since I have written, so I will try and get caught up.  Thanksgiving was wonderful.  My youngest daughter, Amanda, had her 1st Thanksgiving dinner for all of us.  And I have to say that everything was delicious and perfect.  I love Thanksgiving and just being with family.  We had lots of laughs and played games.  It was the best.

Now I have been getting ready for Christmas.  And I have to be honest, I wasn't in the Christmas spirit.  I did go out and do some shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  But I didn't get much.  I really didn't care if it even came, it just seemed like to much effort.  Well about a week ago I was with my kids, getting some stuff out of my storage unit and I picked up some Christmas stuff.  In it was the little Christmas tree that I got for my dad when we spent the last Christmas at his house.  So when I got home I decided to put that up.  Boy, I can't get over how much that little tree help my mood.  It started to make me get more into the Christmas spirit. (even when Kennedy keeps knocking it on to the floor.)  I wish I had the energy and time to decorate like I use to when my kids where little.  My grand kids have never seen it when I use to put a tree up in every room and all of the other decorations.  But I'm getting there.

I heard that we where going to get this snow storm on Sunday then turning bone chilling cold.  So Saturday morning I got up early and took off to get my Christmas shopping done.  I'm happy to say that I did get it all done and got all my grocery bought.  Came home unloaded the car and then backed it in so I had a straight shot out on Monday.  Happy to say the weather man was right for a change.  We ended up with about 6inch of white stuff.  The bad part is we had rain first so we had ice under the snow.  Sunday I stayed in and did the usual which was cleaning and laundry.  I also moved my living room furniture around and changed my bedding.  Then I headed to the basement.  I'm not sure if you know, but I really need to have my knees replaced, but I have to wait for that, so the stairs are painful to do.  Well 3 trips up and down, dragging the Christmas tree, I got it all upstairs, by myself. ( a very proud moment, if I might add).  I took a break and popped some cookies into the oven, fixed my dinner and sat down to relax.  After dinner I thought well maybe I could put up part of tree.  Well I'm happy to announce that the tree is up and the lights are on it.  Tonight I will decorate it and maybe put some other things up.  Then I have to wrap everything and finish baking.  But I'm getting there.  And with the snow that we got I have to say, It's beginning to look a like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment