Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan. 17, 2010

Sunday evening, it's been a very nice weekend. Warming up to the upper 30's. Very nice. I did some housework, and ran some errands, and just relaxed. I wanted to clean the laundry room, but didn't get to it. But something tells me that it won't go any where. And I'm not worried about it. It was a very stressful week at work and the next few does not show any signs of changing. So I value restful weekends.

I went over to Step's house 3 night to help Mason do his homework. He is such a corker. He is making real great progress, but he is a worrier. But we seem to have a great connection. I have to say I feel very close to all 5 of my grand kids. I enjoy spending time with them and I think they enjoy spending time with me.

Last Wednesday evening I took Step and the kids to Kroger's. I know one of the clerk there, she was working and we checked out in her lane. Of course we shared stories about her cats and mine. Gave each other hugs and Patty said love ya hon. We started out and Madysen asked why she said that, she not one of your friends she just works her. I explained that she was a friend of mine, even though we don't see each other outside of Kroger's often. That I met her at Kroger's and our friendship developed from there. That you can meet new friends any where. I then told her that I have made several friends of customers that come into my work. And we talk and see each other outside of my work.

Later at home I was thinking about our conversation and I remember someone say "if you have 2 real friends, then you are in deed a rich person". If that is the case, then I'm so wealthy you can begin to count all of my riches. And I'm not talking about casual friends that you just say hi to when you see them. I'm talking about friends that you can call day or night, that know you better then you know yourself sometimes, that are there no matter what. They won't let you get away with hiding from things, but they would be sitting in jail with you after they help kick some behind if need be. These friends are as close as family. I know this because when I was losing Brad and the calls went out, they where there. Every time I went into the waiting room, I was surprised how many people where there. And in the days that followed, they sat with me, cried with me, and just held my hand. Some of these friends I hadn't seen in years, and yet they where there. Yes, I am very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment