Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jan. 5, 2010

Well the New Year is here, and it's been so cold!!!!!!!!! We don't have alot of snow. Maybe 3", it looks pretty out, I just wish it would warm up to the upper 20's. I don't like the single digits and sub zero wind chills. I had a very quite New Years. I had Mo & Bradley, we went over to Aunt Step's house and played. Rich fixed some wings and ribs, UMMMM so good. Spent some time with Jenny & Joel before they had to go back to South Dakota ;( . And some other very dear friends Jen & Bill stopped over. It was so good to see them. I took the kids back to my house and Amanda and Brandon came down and spent the night with me. It was such a nice time. I did nothing the rest of the weekend. Read a book, did a little laundry and dishes, but I didn't even get dressed on Sat & Sun. Very lazy ;) .

I made a new years resolution just to get healthier. That will help with my diabetes, weight loss, and hopefully my knees. My second one is getting this house in order. The only thing left to do down stairs is the 1/2 bath and laundry room. Then we head upstairs. I'm not talking about painting or re-doing just a good cleaning and sorting out stuff. Then when that is done we will see about re-doing some areas. Maybe just finishing up some projects that have been started. Hopefully I will have the upstairs done by spring and then I can get started outside and the garage can get done. Wish me luck, I will keep you posted on the progress.

I think I'm actually looking forward to this year. For some reason I feel like it might be a turning point for me. I will always miss Brad, and I know that there will still be some hard days a head. But I feel like I might have some kind of further to look forward to. It's still gets lonely with no one to hold me or share special moments. But that is OK. I don't think I will ever be ready to share what I shared with Brad with any one else. I think I will just hang on to the memories instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment