Monday, March 15, 2010

Not as young as I thought

Age has a way of slapping you in the face as a reminder. I went away this past weekend with my daughter and grand daughter. She was in a dance competition. So we loaded up the van Friday night around 7 pm and headed across the state. It was only about a 2 1/2 hr drive but after working all day, rushing home to pack, then driving over to Grand Rapids, I was tired. So we settled in and got ready for bed, we had to be up by 5 AM to be at the competition by 6:30 AM. No that is not a type-o, I am talking like morning, bright and early. This was starting at 7:30 AM. So we got there and she was the 2cd group on, great we can go and get breakfast and grab a nap. WRONG! We had to hang around until the awards at 11:30. Ok, I can do this. So I snoozed a little in the chairs, (well I tried too). Boy,I was sure getting hungry. No breakfast, no snacks. Well I'm not going to starve to death. Finally awards. They did great. Got a High Gold and 4th place. Now we had wait for her to make her way to us when a quick trip to ladies room and out of here. HA! First a lady ask me if I was leaving and could she have my seat. She darn near pushed me out so she could sit down. More later on that. Well the halls where packed and I'm not sure what happened but next thing I know, I'm face down in the hallway. (Almost took out a little dancer with me). Finally got up, bad knee is real bad now. Made it into the ladies room. And took a deep breath. Ok now to fight my back into the hall to meet up with kids. Got there and no kids, ok fight my way back out and I will go into the lobby and text her to let her know where I am at. Ah, found her. Knee is throbbing, stomach is very hungry. So we set out to go and get FOOD. On the way over my daughter told me that the lady who wanted my seat pushed her out of her seat. Stephanie reached over to pick up something that fell and the lady shoved her kid into her seat. Some people are so rude.

Had a wonderful lunch, stopped off and pick up a few things that we forgot. Now back to our room and a nap. WRONG AGAIN, Madysen wanted to go swimming, so Step said she would take her down and I could sleep, 5 mins later my phone started to ring and it was Step, "you should come down and swim, the water is warm and no one is in the pool and could I bring down her suit. So much for the nap. Had a wonderful dip and sat in the hot tub. That will help the knee. We decided to go to the movies. Alice in Wonderland 3D, so we hurry and got there only to find out it was sold out and we had 1 hr 20 min wait for the regular movie 3 hr wait for the 3D. Ok, so we had some ice cream from the cold stone creamery. Finally movie time. Order our popcorn, candy and pop, got into the theater and relaxed. Next thing I know is my daughter said that I'm starting to snore..real LOUD. Did even know that I had fallen asleep. Finished movie and got up to leave to find that the butter had leaked thought the bag, napkins and made a BIG spot on my jeans. Finally we head back to go to bed and start this all over again tomorrow at 4:30. That's right, they are starting 1/2 earlier on Sunday.

We finished up, grabbed lunch and headed home. Got home about 3 PM unloaded the car, said Hi the all the critters, settled down to take nap, you got it. Phone rang it was youngest daughter. Hubby got truck stuck and could I come and get the kids. They where scared and hungry. So off I go, get the kids and head home, almost there and Morghan said, Grandma my belly hurts, I think I'm going to throw up. And she did. Get home, get her cleaned up, started laundry. Amanda comes and gets the kids.

To make this long story short. Had a great weekend, lots of fun. Can hardly walk, was in bed by 9:30 last night. Co worker said that I look very tired. I'm just wondering how long before I feel humane again?

Yes, age has a way of reminding you that you are NOT as young as you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment